Choosing a color scheme can be tricky. The right paint colors and combinations can set the mood and create the right feel and vibe, while the wrong combination can make your home look dated or even tacky. Luckily, this year’s Pantone Color of the Year, Ultra Violet, offers a bold shade that will make an impact without being too overwhelming. Here are ten tips for incorporating Pantone’s Color of the Year into your home this year.
1. Don’t Be Afraid to Use Color
Whether you’re painting an accent wall or an entire room, don’t be afraid to use color. It can brighten up any space and make it feel more inviting. Plus, it’s a great way to show off your personality.
Painting just one wall with a bold hue will let other colors in the room stand out. Of course, you’ll want to balance the vibrant shade with cooler tones like greys, blues, or taupes so that the colors work together well. And if you’re looking for inspiration, consider starting with this year’s Pantone color: PANTONE 18-3838 Living Coral!
2. Pick Up Accent Colors in Plants and Artwork
Pantone’s color of the year, Living Coral, is a beautiful and vibrant hue that can add a pop of color to any room.
Here are a few tips on incorporating this year’s color into your home
- Choose plants with shades of Living Coral or decorate with artwork using the color in mind.
- Wear clothes in this color or find them as an accent in accessories like shoes or purses.
- Opt for home décor items in Living Coral, such as lamps, chairs, throw pillows or even curtains.
- Find accessories like scarves, belts, and ties in these colors to give off an instant pop of vibrancy!
3. Focus on One Wall at a Time
painting an entire room can be daunting, so we recommend starting with one wall. This will allow you to get used to the color and see how it looks in your space before committing to painting all four walls. Plus, it’s an easy way to add a pop of color without going too crazy.
4. Think About Color Combinations
- Use it as an accent color. A little goes a long way when incorporating a new color into your home. Try using it as an accent color on pillows, rugs, or even painting a single wall.
- Pair it with neutrals. Neutrals are always a safe bet when trying out a new color. Try pairing this year’s Pantone color with some classic white or gray tones.
- Get creative with metallics.
5. Add Pops of Color to Accessories
Home decor is a great way to incorporate pops of color, and what better way to do it than with Pantone’s Color of the Year?
Here are ten tips to help you add a little bit of Greenery to your home:
- Add a green plant or two. Not only will they add color, but they’ll also purify the air in your home.
- Paint an accent wall or piece of furniture in a green shade.
- Accessorize with accents that have green tones, like emeralds or teal jewelry.
- Eat more fresh produce- Eating more fruits and vegetables can quickly incorporate more greens into your diet!
6. Use White As an Accent Color, Not Neutral
If you want to add a touch of elegance to your home this year, consider incorporating Pantone’s Color of the Year into your decor. White is a great accent color that can make any space look more sophisticated. Here are ten tips for using white in your home:
- Use white on walls or trim to create a clean and crisp look.
- Paint furniture white to give it a fresh and modern update.
7. Incorporate Natural Elements
- Bring the outdoors in by adding potted plants or flowers in Living Coral.
- Create a focal point in your room with a piece of art or a large piece of furniture in Living Coral.
- Use Living Coral as an accent color in your home by adding small accessories like throw pillows or candles.
- Paint an accent wall or piece of furniture in Living Coral to add a pop of color to your space.
8. Work with Your Existing Furniture
One way to work with your existing furniture is to choose one or two pieces you can repaint in the Color of the Year. This will help update your space without buying all new furniture. If you’re feeling bold, you could even repaint an entire room!
Another way to incorporate the Color of the Year into your home is by adding accent pieces. This could be anything from a vase or throw pillow to a piece of art or a rug.
9. Add Brighter Details to a Darker Scheme
Whether you’re looking to add a pop of color or brighten up a space, incorporating Pantone’s Color of the Year into your home is a great way to do it.
Here are tips to help you get started:
Incorporate one feature wall: What is the best part about this? It doesn’t have to be an entire room! Instead, choose one wall and transform it with some sprucing up – paint, wallpaper, fabric, and accessories – anything that makes your heart pitter-pat.
Keep neutral tones in mind: If brighter colors aren’t really your thing, but you still want some tints of lavender in your space, look no further than neutrals!
10. Choose Paint Colors and Finishes Based on Your Desired Outcome
- If you want to create a feeling of happiness and excitement, try using a glossy finish.
- If you’re looking for something more calming, try a matte or eggshell finish.
- If you want to make a statement, go with a metallic or high-gloss finish. And if you’re looking for something unique, try a textured finish.
No matter your style, there’s a way to work this year’s Pantone color into your home. Contact us today, visit our website, or follow us on Twitter and let us know how you are incorporating this vibrant hue into your space!